For LETTINGS (lettingsbangorquakersorguk) contact see below. We would welcome your questions, comments and encouragement. For these ONLY you can email us here GENERAL ENQUIRIES (enquiriesbangorquakersorguk)
We see our Meeting House as a community resource. A number of groups use the building on a regular basis and others hire it for particular occasions. Use of the Meeting House is offered to community organisations whose aims are in harmony with the beliefs and principles of the Society of Friends (Quakers).
Our main meeting room can accommodate 50 people. For meetings of up to 10 people, at the rear of the building is our library room. Both these rooms are fully carpeted. Convenient for both these rooms is the inner foyer which is ideal for serving refreshments, having a hatch from the small kitchen. The toilets are adjacent. Upstairs, there is another smaller meeting room with a sink, and a children’s toilet. The entire ground floor is wheelchair-accessible. We offer free Wi-fi.
Pictures and Layout Plan
Terms and Conditions
- The Society of Friends (Quakers), Bangor is responsible for ensuring that the premises and any equipment belonging to the Meeting House are safe.
- The Meeting cannot accept liability for any activities of those hiring rooms. Hirers are therefore advised to ensure that their own Public Liability Insurance is arranged to cover any activities that they are responsible for and any equipment they bring onto the premises or any damage caused to the premises. Our insurance does however now cover one-off/occasional room hires.
- No form of gambling activities is permitted on our premises, nor the consumption of alcoholic drinks; smoking is only permitted off the premises.
- Permission to hire will be withheld where views such as racism, militarism may be promoted.
- Currently we do not permit any individual political party to hire our premises. We do however allow multi-party activities such as hustings.
- We are advised that all groups using our building are required to have a safeguarding policy.
- The Meeting House is not manned, so it is important to arrange to receive a key, and to be sure you have all the information you need before arriving.
- We ask that our hirers are considerate to other users and to our neighbours. Once you have made a booking, you are advised to download and read our GUIDELINES PDF.
Please find a chart of our current fees HERE
Before contacting us, please first CHECK IF YOUR REQUIRED DATES ARE ALREADY BOOKED on our LETTINGS CALENDAR, then request your booking from the Lettings Officer by EMAIL (lettingsbangorquakersorguk) (or leave a voicemail/text on 07541 563263). The Lettings Officer will make the booking as appropriate and advise on charges, access, Fire Exits, provision and return of keys/fobs, heating, and the need for separate liability insurance.
We prefer to be paid by BACS, but we do accept cheques, sent to the Lettings Officer, who will advise of details and procedure.
For information needed when using the Meeting House, please download our GUIDELINES PDF containing practical information on Arriving at the Meeting House, Health and Safety (including Fire Precautions and Evacuation), Kitchen use, Practical Instructions and Care, Feedback, Leaving the Meeting House, and Emergency Contacts.
Registered users Mail Login
Header picture courtesy of ‘Mike’
Pictures of Meeting House courtesy of Martin Morley
Webmaster Nick Jewitt – EMAIL (webmasterbangorquakersorguk)
This website is hosted on carbon-neutral servers located in northern England. Click on the image below for more details.